A caring community providing a valuable foundation in learning for life
Everyone is encouraged to......
Be The Best You Can Be!
The aims of the school are fundamental and underpin our values.
- To provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere with a sense of community for which everyone involved with the school feels responsible, involved and valued.
- This environment should allow children to feel happy, secure and confident and help them to develop their independence.
- To create with the children rich, attractive, stimulating and accessible surroundings, thus encouraging responsibility and pride for their school.
- To forge links with the local community - people, organisations and industry - which not only allow for the school to benefit from these valuable local resources and expertise, but also allow the school to become an integral part of the community.
- To actively encourage parents to understand and develop a partnership with the school which recognises the value of good communication and support.
- To provide an environment, which values education and ensures staff maintain their professional development in order to provide the highest standard of education.
- To provide a stimulating and broad curriculum and extracurricular activities, which allow children to acquire knowledge, learn skills, and develop attitudes which provide a solid foundation for their future lives.
- To provide the children with a wide range of activities, which enable them to be actively involved in their learning and which are rewarding and purposeful.
- To develop children’s natural enthusiasm and curiosity so that they may begin to understand themselves, others and the world around them.
- To help each child reach their potential and become confident, independent and competent learners.
- To encourage children to develop self-discipline and self-esteem by recognising and celebrating their achievements and successes.
- To assist children to develop positive attitudes towards others, irrespective of ability, gender, race or culture; and to show co -operation, tolerance, care and respect to everyone.
- To help children to take an active part in caring for the natural environment and to understand wider environmental issues.
- To encourage a healthy and safe life style.
- To encourage all those involved with the school - teaching and non -teaching staff, school governors and parents - to work closely together for the successful achievement of these aims thus ensuring that all pupils of the school receive an education that is purposeful, enjoyable and rewarding.