The following opportunities are examples of how we support the spiritual development of pupils.
- The RE curriculum encourages pupils to explore spiritual thinking through their own and others’ beliefs and values.
- The Science curriculum encourages pupils to develop an awe and wonder for the natural world.
- The Art curriculum affords pupils the opportunity to reflect on feelings and motivations and to respond visually to these.
- Educational visits, including residential visits, encourage pupils to develop awe and wonder for the natural world.
- Opportunities for pupils to understand human emotions and feelings and the way they impact on people through English, drama, music and dance.
The use of teaching styles that:
- Value pupil questions and give them time for their own thoughts, ideas and concerns.
- Encourage pupils to relate their learning to a wider frame of reference; for example, asking why, how, and where.
- Enable pupils to make links between aspects of their learning.